If you download the images to your computer you can alter the color/brightness/contrast if necessary to better spot some of the details. Where do these front tubes exit the vehicle? Twist the cable as you feed . Does anyone know where the rear pipes run to and the route it takes? You'd think manufacturers would outline it in the owner's manual as a preventative maintenance step. Once my sunroof was opened, I poured water in the holes, then shot some air from my air compressor in . . Todays sunroofs/moonroofs feature state of the art engineering and complex mechanisms and water management systems. My theory is that it's related to the cowl vent drains. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Find wheels, tires, body panels, brakes, engine components, exhaust systems, shock absorbers, struts, electrical products, fluids, chemicals, lubricants, filters and more. Will study it more tomorrow, when I can stand it. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I have the PC cleaning cans of air. jerseyfusion, BEGAN LEAKING THRU SUN VISOR IN NOV. BROUGHT IN FOR SERVICE. Next, examine the drain holes to verify they are clear of any obstruction which may prevent water from draining through. It's possible that a sunroof drain is clogged. When a sunroof drain does become plugged, the common signs are either a wet headliner, water dripping from the headliner, wet roof pillar, a damp carpet or water pooling in the foot wells. Well i pushed a brake cable up through that valve and yes i got quite a bit of horrible black gunge followed by some clear water. Location; Windshield: Feb 2023: Malta, NY: Windshield: Feb 2023: HEMPSTEAD, NY . The water was pretty significant and the smell even worse. ALL sun roof have drain holes. Re: 2007 Fusion sunroof. FIRST LEAK STILL THERE, NOW A SECOND LEAK IN DRIVER'S, DOOR/WINDSHIELD FRAME UPHOLSTERY. Weirdly, a bottle of water poured into the gutter drains well and this problem also does not occur at the car wash. First you will need to open the sunroof as this is the easiest way to access the drains. by TwoTone Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:29 am, Post There are a fair number of Youtube videos out there on sunroof drain tube cleaning. If you pull the driver side inner wheel well you should see a rubber grommet on the firewall that has most likely deteriorated. My car was torn apart - seats taken out, seatbelts detached, everything to replace the moonroof parts and put in a new headliner. I can't seem to post my picture. Dang! I have a 2009 Ford Fusion and mine just stared leaking, at least I'm assuming that's what it is. About Us - Thanks for these tips. Have had 6 cars with sunroofs, never a leakage issue. AFTER MARKET sun roofs do NOT have gutters formed into the roof to collect rain, since the fitter simply cuts a hole into roof and installs a grommet that has as built in channel to drain rain via a tube down via the "A" pillar. Replace the grommetwith anything similar and apply some silicon. Replace with a fuse of the same amperage if it is. Yep. I binged and got some instructions on using a thin wire to through the drain which is likely clogged. Mine is 2006 Fusion. In this video I show how we fixed a leaking sunroof on a 2012 Ford Focus. LEAKING THRU SUNVISOR. by olmster Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm, Post Please register or login to enable Dark Mode. A pillar on the driver's side is wet with a small puddle of water on the floor mat. When a sunroof drain does become plugged, the common signs are either a wet headliner, water dripping from the headliner, wet roof pillar, a damp carpet or water pooling in the foot wells. This should let out some of the trapped water and debris that is stuck in the drain. register to join our community Home; About Us; My Account. Not a big deal considering it was raining IN MY CAR- but a pain none the less. Oh and this was my drivers side when it eventually unblocked. Basically the tube connects at the corner of the sunroof, runs down the A-pillar behind the trim, between the dashboard and the car frame, through a sizable hole (large enough to get a hand in), and there is finally a small hole that the drain end fits through. Good luck. In some cases the drain tubes may be clogged and require a clean-out. I've had a Depstech Wireless Endoscope for a while now, but never got around to using it yet. The drains run down the a pillars. After a torrential rain, the foot mat at the driver's get waterlogged sometimes spilling over to the other side and backwards. Clearing out the drains with compressed air resolved our issue. SPRAY TEST WAS NEGATIVE FOR LEAKS. See if . Cycle the ignition to the OFF position and then back to the ON position. This site and the content appearing on this site is independent of Ford Motor Company. I had to move the corner of the pop-up wind deflector that is clipped down to see it. In that case the water drains out from seams between the fender sheetmetal just behind the front wheel well. Mar 3, 2021 Random guy walking dog better informational resource than the Org lol This is the plastic piece that ususally breaks. 2. Yes, 2009 FORD FUSION SEL V6 W/MOONROOF LEAKS WHEN IT RAINS. It is flexible enough to follow a gentle curve, but stiff enough to push through a bad clog. Apparently some dealers were getting a lot of complaints and somebody finally pinned it down to this fabric tape. Compressed air will just pop the hoses off and youll get interior leaks. If you have a sunroof/moonroof, roll it back, and look in the driver front corner, should be a little opening that leads to the drain line. I got in it one morning and the inside was soaked after it rained. Evaporator Drain, Includes Time To Install Elbow, Heat Shield Tape And Inspect Carpet For Dampness (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 192345A 0.6 Hrs. The drains normally continue down the roof or window posts, directing water flow to the underside of the vehicle. The Ford Fusion Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. I think we need more of the back story on the Hot pinkness? The driver side floor is wet and did some searching and found it could be the drain holes on the sunroof. Got the drain tube out of its location and pulled it up thru the gap at the side of the A pillar,with the A pillar cover removed,i then drilled the oneway valve out at the pipe end,and a pile a black sh1ty sludge came out followed by plenty of clear water. Cookie Policy - Thanks for posting. I've done this today as i suspected blocked sunroof drains. Depending on your vehicle, the location of these may vary, though the front drain holes in most cars exit in the doorjamb or under the car. The sunroof was not used for years, and it started to leak a bit after I opened it recently. Found it. Also where the back seat goes into the floor, those indents are also full with water. DEALER CHECKED FOR LEAKS AND CLOGGED DRAINS. Those connect to the drain tubes. Granted, I am still under factory warranty, but just thought Id see if anyone knows or has any ideas. They replaced the glass on the moonroof and scratched the daylights out of the car doing so and their testing somehow resulted in water damage all around the windshield. Opened the sunroof and located the 2 drain holes along the front edge of the sunroof drain pan (other posts here say there are 4 drain tubes- the 2 front drains are easily accessible- I did not look for the rear ones). on Introduction. Vista, tow pkg. Your link has been automatically embedded. Ultimately, if anyone else has this problem it may be a great help. I've had a Cougar and a Mustang with a Moonroof. I later realized that the problem is with where the car was packed - directly under the nozzle exit of a house roof rain collecting pipe. After arbitration Ford had to buy back the car! 10/21/17. These should be self-evident and located in the front and rear corners of the sunroof area. Hi, from what I know the rear drains don't have a one way valve. Some photos from yesterdays drying out session. Furthermore, it prevents moisture from entry to the trucks' inside. Post Contact your local Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer for details and a copy of the limited warranty. If Ford leaves you out in the cold, just get a replacement moonroof from a junkyard based in a rust free portion of the US. The dealer said they wouldn't be able to fix it till Wed and it's currently friday. ARGGGH. Archive - OOPS! Moral: Dont buy Chrysler or Keep your car garaged if you can. Sunroof drain location I'm trying to find the location of the drain at the rear of the panoramic sunroof (2019 F250). Home; All Hands on Tech . 1. Want . Gone are the days when you lift a lever in the rear and pop up the glass. Then, when he was driving over a speed bump, then front wheel engine and tranny literally tore loose and almost flipped over in the engine bay. Privacy Statement - My car is always parked on a slight incline with the front of the car pointing down. I have a 2007 Milan (I am the original owner) and the sunroof started leaking. Sucks about the wait, and I'm sorry about the frustration on such a new car, but let's hope they can get it in and resolved quickly. 4. After WEEKS at the dealership, they found that the drain holes punched in the body werent punched. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I have managed to clear the front pipes but cant see the rear pipes. Technical How-To Articles. Ordered up the new guides with the metal rods, and a pair of drain tubes for the front. No sooner had I done that - then it rained for 3 days straight. How to fix the sunroof on a Ford Fusion Pull down the fuse panel under the steering wheel to open it. Guess that rough stretch of I-40 I was griping about shook it off! Happened to my 08 Fusion. They were courteous and polite and as sympathetic and accomodating as they could be under the circumstances. Finally, confirm if the glass is tightly sealed to the body. Reactions: Robert Knickerbocker, . 5 posts Page 1 of 1. skbblueeyes Posts: 1 Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:05 pm. I know our dealership does, just because those people specialize in water leaks on cars. all manufacturers' sunroofs leak. CAR WAS, RETURNED TO US. This is all directly beneath the drain for the sunroof. Its free and only takes a minute, Return to Maintenance / Care / TSB's / Recalls, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. Began in 2015 as a leak only when going through a car wash. Ive already determined which drain is leaking and normally that can be done by having an idea where the water is leaking or gathering. Location: Canada Vehicle: 2003 Ford F-150. The dealership solved the problem for me, both the leak and drying outthe carpet. Car sunroof repair: Insert a snake. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that all works out well. I spoke with the dealer today and he said he thinks the sunroof drains are clogged. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. After a rain (the first day the car wasnt garaged) my Father jumped in and when he took off a gallon of water literally fell in his lap from under the dash. What worked for me was a length of insulated 2-conductor indoor house wiring cable. I really think their final push was what brought resolution to my situation. I only found the A section wet twice, which was after really heavy rain and the car was on an angle so it couldn't drain through the rear drainage tubes. i checked all 4 drains and they all drain properly. It has a sunroof. These drains are normally feed through the roof pillars and exit somewhere underneath the vehicle.